FRIDAY NIGHT: Mostly clear. Low: 61. Winds: Light Northeast.
INDEPENDENCE DAY: Sunny. High: 83. Winds: Light Northeast.
SUNDAY: Mostly sunny. High: 86. Winds: Southeast 5-10 mph.
Thomas ...more »
For even more recipes, View Our Recipe Archives
Buffalo Chicken Quinoa
Made by: Hope Danielson, Health & Wellness Director-County Market
3 cups cooked quinoa, cooled
16 oz canned (white) chicken breast, packed in water, drained
1 1/2 cups carrots, grated
1 cup celery, diced
1 bunch green onions, chopped
1 cup hot sauce
1/3 cup olive oil
1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese (or Gorgonzola)
1. In a large bowl, combine the cooked quinoa, canned chicken, grated carrots, diced celery, and 1/2 of the chopped green onions. Mix well.
2. In a small bowl, whisk the hot sauce and olive oil together until well blended and then pour over the quinoa mixture.
3. Mix the sauce into the quinoa and chicken mixture and then add half of the blue cheese. Mix evenly.
4. Finally top the quinoa dish with the remaining green onions and blue cheese and enjoy!
- You can use 1 lb of grilled chicken in the place of the canned chicken if you have the time to grill or like more of a grilled flavor.
- Add garlic powder or fresh diced garlic to add more flavor.
- Serve this recipe cold for a nice spin on traditional warm buffalo chicken dishes!
Nutrition Facts (per serving):
Total Carbohydrates: 10gm
Total Fat: 9g
This recipe aired September 23, 2013.
Tonight on WICS
8:00 - What Would You Do?
9:00 - 20/20
10:00 - NewsChannel 20 at 10