WEDNESDAY: Scattered showers or storms in the morning. Becoming mostly sunny by the afternoon. High: 87. Winds: Northwest 5-10 mph.
WEDNESDAY NIGHT: Mostly clear and cooler. Low: 63. Winds: Northwest 5-10 mph.
THURSDAY: ...more »
For even more recipes, View Our Recipe Archives
Low fat Broccoli Cheese Soup
Made by: Hope Danielson, Health & Wellness Director-County Market
• 1 Bag of Birds Eye Steamfresh Frozen Broccoli Florets
• 2 cans of 98% fat free cream of celery soup
• 1 can of 98% fat free cream of chicken soup
• 1-2 cups of nonfat milk (add to desired thickness)
• 8 oz. of reduced fat cheddar (mild, medium, sharp, whichever you prefer)
• 1/8 tsp. garlic powder
• 1/8 tsp. red pepper flakes
• Garlic croutons (optional)
1. Microwave broccoli according to package directions.
2. In large saucepan, mix all 3 cans of soup with desired amount of milk. Add cheese, garlic powder and red pepper flakes. Cook on medium low, stirring often.
3. Add cooked broccoli to saucepan; mash broccoli with potato masher or blend with handheld immersion blender.
4. Continue cooking until cheese is melted.
5. Serve with garlic croutons.
This recipe aired March 18, 2013.
Tonight on WICS
7:00 - The Middle
7:30 - The Goldbergs
8:00 - Modern Family
8:30 - Black-ish
9:00 - Celebrity Wife Swap
10:00 - NewsChannel 20 at 10