WEDNESDAY NIGHT: Mostly clear. Low: 71. Winds: Light South.
THURSDAY: Mostly sunny. High: 93. Heat Indices: 95-99. Winds: Light Southwest.
FRIDAY: Mostly sunny. High: 93. Heat Indices: 95-99. Winds: Light ...
For even more recipes, View Our Recipe Archives
Cheese Platter with Fruits and Nuts
Made by: Joyce Fikri, St. Louis Dairy Council
1/2 pound Brie
1/2 pound Gouda
1 pound Cheddar
1 pound crackers and thin gingersnaps
1 pound grapes
3/4 pound almonds or walnuts
1/2 pound dried figs
Arrange cheese on platter with fruit and crackers.
Cheese platter tips:
- Choose 3 to 6 different varieties of cheese. Include an assortment of different flavors, textures and colors.
- Allow for 2 oz. of cheese per guest if you`ll be serving dinner. If cheese is the main event, allow 4 oz. per guest.
- Offer complementary accompaniments such as breads, fruits and nuts.
- Serve the cheese at room temperature, removing it from the refrigerator up to two hours prior to guest arrival.
- Present each cheese in a large wedge to display its natural beauty on a large plate, wooden board or piece of marble.
- Make flag markers with toothpicks to label the cheese.
Tonight on WICS
7:00 - The Middle
7:30 - The Goldbergs
8:00 - Modern Family
8:30 - Black-ish
9:00 - Celebrity Wife Swap
10:00 - NewsChannel 20 at 10