FRIDAY: Mostly sunny. High: 95. Heat Indices near 100. Winds: Light Southwest.
FRIDAY NIGHT: Mostly clear. Low: 71. Winds: Light South.
SATURDAY: Partly sunny. High: 95. Heat Indices near 100. Winds: Light ...
For even more recipes, View Our Recipe Archives
Made by: MCL Restaurant & Bakery Executive Chef Ian Kille
2 cups all purpose flour
1 Tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter, cold
1 cup buttermilk
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- Cut cold butter into small pieces and add to the bowl.
- Using a pastry cutter, cut the cold butter into the flour mixture. It should look like coarse cornmeal with some large lumps of butter.
- While stirring with a fork, add the cold buttermilk.
- Once it has formed a ball, turn dough onto a lightly floured surface.
6. Using floured hands, gently press the dough into a circle about 1 inch thick.
- Using a floured biscuit cutter, cut out biscuits by pressing straight up and down.
- Lay biscuits on an ungreased tray and brush with melted butter (if desired).
- Bake in a preheated 425 degree oven for 10-12 minutes until the tops of the biscuits are golden brown.
- Brush with melted butter and serve immediately.
This recipe aired November 13, 2012.
Tonight on WICS
8:00 - What Would You Do?
9:00 - 20/20
10:00 - NewsChannel 20 at 10