WEDNESDAY: Mostly sunny and warm. High: 81. Winds: Light North.
WEDNESDAY NIGHT: Partly cloudy. Low: 59. Winds: Light Southeast.
THURSDAY: Morning sun gives ...
WICS Valentine’s Day Contest Rules
Who Can Enter
1. To be eligible to participate in this contest, entrants must be Illinois residents who are 18 years of age or older and reside in the WICS viewing area.
2. Employees of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., Illinois Television, LLC, and any other company which owns, programs or provides other services to television broadcast station WICS-TV (the “Station”), The Hilton Springfield, their affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, any and all local television broadcast and cable stations, local radio and other media companies, and the immediate family members of each are ineligible. The term “immediate families” includes spouses, grandparents, parents, siblings, children and grandchildren.
How to Enter
1. No purchase is necessary to enter: Only one entry per household per day.
2. From February 4, 2014 through February 8, 2013 viewers will be asked to watch any newscast which airs on WICS Channel 20 to obtain a daily key word. Then, viewers will then be asked to log onto www.wics.com to complete the online entry form with their name, address, phone, email, birth date and daily keyword. No mechanically produced or competed entries will be accepted.
3. The contest starts on February 4, 2013, and ends at 11:59 p.m. CST on February 8, 2013 (the “Contest Period”). Entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. CST each day during the Contest Period to qualify for the daily drawing. Station is not responsible for late lost or misdirected entries, printing/typing errors, server unavailability, computer, or any other electronic malfunction.
4. The following business day during the Contest Period, one (1) daily finalist will be randomly selected among daily valid entries, for a total of five (5) finalists. Finalists will be notified by phone. Remaining valid entries will not carry over to the next daily drawing. On February 11, 2013, one (1) winner will be randomly selected from among the valid finalists. Each of the four (4) remaining finalists will be deemed second place winners.
5. All entries received that are mutilated, tampered with, illegible, or from ineligible entrants will be void. All entries (including pictures) become the property of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc. and the Station and will not be acknowledged or returned.
1. Each of the four (4) second place winners will receive one (1) $25.00 voucher to Pease’s Candy Shop. One (1) grand prize winner will receive one night hotel accommodations, one room, double occupancy, for two in a king bed room at The Hilton Springfield, $100.00 credit at Nick & Nino’s Penthouse Steakhouse at The Hilton Springfield, complimentary dessert at Nick & Nino’s Penthouse Steakhouse, and two (2) full breakfast buffet coupons for Highland Room at The Hilton Springfield. Grand prize package is valued at $350.00. All inclusions of the grand prize must be redeemed in one visit. The grand prize is subject to availability, reservation, and must be redeemed by February 28, 2014. Reservations must be made prior to arrival at hotel and arrival at Nick & Nino’s Penthouse Steakhouse. The grand prize winner must provide identification and a major credit card at check-in. The grand prize does not include any transportation, other meals, alcoholic beverages, or any other expenses.
2. Winners will be notified by phone. Before claiming prizes, winners must provide their correct name, address and telephone number to Station at the time of notification. Winners must sign and return a release and affidavit of eligibility, which must be received within 10 days of notification at the time winners claim their prize in person at the Station. Winners must show picture identification to claim prizes. Station reserves the right to examine additional identification and may choose to accept or deny awarding the prize based on the identification presented.
3. If a second place winner cannot be notified within 3 days or does not timely sign and return the release and affidavit of eligibility, then the prize will be forfeited, and another second place winner will not be selected. If the grand prize winner cannot be notified within 3 days or does not timely sign and return the release and affidavit of eligibility, then the prize will be forfeited, and another winner will be randomly selected from among remaining valid finalists.
4. There will be no substitutions or cash alternatives for prizes except at the sole discretion of Station. The Station has the right to substitute a prize of similar value. No transfer or assignment of prizes is allowed.
5. The winners are responsible for paying all local, county, state and federal taxes on prizes based on the estimated retail value of the prizes as set forth in these rules.
6. Only one prize will be awarded per household.
7. Illinois Television, LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. are not liable if the provider of any part of the prize fails to satisfy its obligations to furnish its portion of the prize. The Station, sponsors, and prize provider shall not be responsible for winner’s failure to take the trip within the time frame described above, or cancellation of the hotel by the winner.
8. Illinois Television, LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. are not responsible for any liabilities arising directly or indirectly from the award or use of the prize.
9. In claiming your prize, you acknowledge that Illinois Television, LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. have the right to publicize your name, character, likeness, photograph, voice and the fact that you are the winner for promotional purposes without financial remuneration.
Odds of Winning/Miscellaneous
1. Odds of winning depend on the order in which telephone calls are received.
2. Complete contest rules are available Monday through Friday during normal business hours at WICS-TV, 2680 East Cook Street, Springfield IL, 62703 and on the Station’s website at http://www.wics.com.
3. For a list of prize winners, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope to WICS-TV, 2680 East Cook Street, Springfield IL, 62703 by March 15, 2013
4. This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., Illinois Television, LLC, and The Hilton Springfield accept no responsibility or liability in connection with any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by or resulting from the acceptance, possession or use of any prize awarded hereunder.
5. Station cannot be held liable for any lost or stolen entries, prizes or contest information.
6. Station reserves the right to make rules and contest changes and change the aforementioned contest dates.
Connect to Congress
City In Crisis
TrafficGet up to the minute traffic reports from WICS NewsChannel 20!
Health MattersFeaturing news segment videos about health.
In The KitchenWatch the area's best chefs whip up their tastiest creations. See them in action and get their recipes to try at home.
Behind The HeadlinesGet Behind the Headlines commentary with Mark Hyman.
Ready, Set, ShredIn an exclusive eight-week investigation, ABC Newschannel 20 digs deep into the Springfield police document shredding scandal.
Pay it ForwardPay It Forward... because sometimes people need a little extra help.
Ask the ExpertDo you need expert advice? Here's your chance to ask our experts!
Your Voice. Your Future.As the country faces challenges from federal budget issues to jobs and national debt, your voice is critical to the future.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us! Check out all the great attractions in your area!
Pump PatrolCheck out the ABC Newschannel 20's Pump Patrol to find the lowest prices, report low prices and get gas saving tips.
Spotlight 20Local organizations and community leaders tell us about events in central Illinois.
Raw NewsWatch extra news footage, full interviews, and extended stories that didn't make it on air. "Raw News" may include content that is not suitable for children and is intended for mature audiences only.
On the FarmWhether it's topical segments on what's happening on local farms to commodity prices, we have the world of central Illinois agriculture covered.
Home RoomWhen's the next school board meeting? Where's the basketball game? What's for lunch today? Do we have a snow day tomorrow? We have all the information you need for a successful school year--no pencil or ...
No Text ZoneTexting while driving kills thousands of people each year. Many more are seriously injured. Keep central Illinois roads safe by taking the "No Text Zone" pledge.
Business NewsStay up-to-date on the biggest business stories from around the nation.
Pet of the WeekThe cutest video you'll see anywhere! You won't be able to resist these adorable friends who need someone to love them.
Waste WatchHow are your tax dollars being spent? Waste Watch tracks whether local, state and federal governments are using your money wisely...or wasting it.
Washington TimesPolitics, Breaking News, US and World News.
Health Care ReformThe Supreme Court ruling to uphold the Affordable Care Act sparked a new battle. Check here daily for the latest developments, locally and across the country.
Tonight on WICS
7:00 - The Middle
7:30 - The Goldbergs
8:00 - Modern Family
8:30 - Black-ish
9:00 - Celebrity Wife Swap
10:00 - NewsChannel 20 at 10