FRIDAY: Mostly cloudy and cooler. High: 67. Winds: North 10-15 mph.
FRIDAY NIGHT: Mostly clear and chilly. Low: 45. Winds: Northeast 5-10.
County Market Backyard BBQ Contest 2013 Rules
Who Can Enter
1. To be eligible to participate in this contest, entrants must be Illinois residents who are 18 years of age or older and reside in the WICS viewing area.
2. Employees of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., Sinclair Television of Illinois, LLC, and any other company which owns, programs or provides other services to television broadcast station WICS (the Station), WICD, WRSP, WCCU, County Market, their affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, any and all local television broadcast and cable stations, local radio and other media companies, and the immediate family members of each are ineligible. The term immediate families includes spouses, grandparents, parents, siblings, children and grandchildren. Only one winner per household if more than one winner per contest.
How to Enter
(a) No purchase is necessary to enter. Only one entry per household.
(b) To enter, log onto www.wics.com to complete the online entry form with your name, address, city, phone, age, and submit. No mechanically completed entries will be accepted.
(c) The contest starts on August 5, 2013, and ends at 12:00 p.m. CDT on September 2, 2013 (the Contest Period). Entries must be received by Station by 12 p.m. CDT each Monday during the Contest Period to qualify for the weekly drawing beginning August 12, 2013. Station is not responsible for lost, late, or misdirected entries, printing errors, server unavailability, computer or any other electronic malfunction.
(d) Each Monday during the Contest Period beginning August 12, 2013, one (1) winner will be selected by random drawing from among valid entries, for a total of four (4) winners. Winners will be announced on air on WICS-TV channel 20. Winners are subject to further review and approval by the Station and Sponsor based on technical requirements and geographic location. Winners will be contacted by phone. A live microwave signal must be tested from the location and the signal must be of broadcast quality before the winner can be confirmed by the Station.
(e) All entries received that are mutilated, tampered with, incorrect, illegible, or from ineligible entrants will be void. All entries become the property of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc. and the Station and will not be acknowledged or returned.
1. Each of the four (4) winners will receive a County Market catered Backyard BBQ for up to twenty (20) people, and a live remote during the BBQ. The prize includes one (1) $50.00 County Market Gift Card, food (choice of meat and two (2) side dishes), utensils, and paper products. Each prize is valued at $300.00. The BBQs will take place each Friday, from August 16, 2013 through September 6, 2013. One of the Stations talent will appear during the winners BBQ which will be broadcast during the Stations 5:00pm, and 6:00pm newscasts. A County Market banner must be hung on location where it is visible during the broadcast. Winners must have a BBQ on the broadcast date determined by Station. The Station has the right to cancel the BBQ in the event of severe weather, breaking news, or technical problems and will use reasonable efforts to reschedule contingent upon the Stations schedule. If the BBQ cannot be rescheduled to fit within the Stations broadcast schedule, no alternate prize of any kind will be awarded.
2. Winners will be notified by phone. Winners must sign and return a release and affidavit of eligibility, which must be received within 4 days of notification, at the time each winner claims his/her prize in person at the Station. Winners must select from menu choices provided by County Market, at the time each winner claims his/her prize in person at the Station. Winners must show picture identification to claim prizes. Station reserves the right to examine additional identification and may choose to accept or deny awarding the prize based on the identification presented.
3. If a winner cannot be notified on the day of the each drawing, is unavailable to host the BBQ on the Friday of the week their name is drawn, or does not timely sign and return the release and affidavit of eligibility, then the prize will be forfeited, and the prize will be awarded to an alternate winner randomly selected from among remaining valid entries.
4. There will be no substitutions or cash alternatives for prizes except at the sole discretion of Station. The Station has the right to substitute a prize of similar value. No transfer or assignment of prizes is allowed.
5. The winners are responsible for paying all local, county, state and federal taxes on prizes based on the estimated retail value of the prizes as set forth in these rules. Winner must sign a W-9 form.
6. Only one prize will be awarded per household.
7. Sinclair Television of Illinois, LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. are not liable if the provider of any part of the prize fails to satisfy its obligations to furnish its portion of the prize.
8. Sinclair Television of Illinois, LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. are not responsible for any liabilities arising directly or indirectly from the award or use of the prize.
9. In claiming your prize, you acknowledge that Sinclair Television of Illinois, LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. have the right to publicize your name, character, likeness, photograph, voice and the fact that you are the winner for promotional purposes without financial remuneration.
Odds of Winning/Miscellaneous
1. Odds of winning depend on the number of valid entries received.
2. Complete contest rules are available Monday through Friday during normal business hours at WICS-TV, 2680 E Cook Street, Springfield, IL 62703, and on the Stations website at www.wics.com.
3. For a list of prize winners, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope to WICS-TV, 2680 E Cook Street, Springfield, IL 62703, by October 4, 2013.
4. This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., Sinclair Television of Illinois, LLC, and County Market accept no responsibility or liability in connection with any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by or resulting from the acceptance, possession or use of any prize awarded hereunder.
5. Station cannot be held liable for any lost or stolen entries, prizes or contest information.
6. Station reserves the right to make rules and contest changes and change the aforementioned contest dates.
Connect to Congress
City In Crisis
TrafficGet up to the minute traffic reports from WICS NewsChannel 20!
Health MattersFeaturing news segment videos about health.
In The KitchenWatch the area's best chefs whip up their tastiest creations. See them in action and get their recipes to try at home.
Behind The HeadlinesGet Behind the Headlines commentary with Mark Hyman.
Ready, Set, ShredIn an exclusive eight-week investigation, ABC Newschannel 20 digs deep into the Springfield police document shredding scandal.
Pay it ForwardPay It Forward... because sometimes people need a little extra help.
Ask the ExpertDo you need expert advice? Here's your chance to ask our experts!
Your Voice. Your Future.As the country faces challenges from federal budget issues to jobs and national debt, your voice is critical to the future.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us! Check out all the great attractions in your area!
Pump PatrolCheck out the ABC Newschannel 20's Pump Patrol to find the lowest prices, report low prices and get gas saving tips.
Spotlight 20Local organizations and community leaders tell us about events in central Illinois.
Raw NewsWatch extra news footage, full interviews, and extended stories that didn't make it on air. "Raw News" may include content that is not suitable for children and is intended for mature audiences only.
On the FarmWhether it's topical segments on what's happening on local farms to commodity prices, we have the world of central Illinois agriculture covered.
Home RoomWhen's the next school board meeting? Where's the basketball game? What's for lunch today? Do we have a snow day tomorrow? We have all the information you need for a successful school year--no pencil or ...
No Text ZoneTexting while driving kills thousands of people each year. Many more are seriously injured. Keep central Illinois roads safe by taking the "No Text Zone" pledge.
Business NewsStay up-to-date on the biggest business stories from around the nation.
Pet of the WeekThe cutest video you'll see anywhere! You won't be able to resist these adorable friends who need someone to love them.
Waste WatchHow are your tax dollars being spent? Waste Watch tracks whether local, state and federal governments are using your money wisely...or wasting it.
Washington TimesPolitics, Breaking News, US and World News.
Health Care ReformThe Supreme Court ruling to uphold the Affordable Care Act sparked a new battle. Check here daily for the latest developments, locally and across the country.
Tonight on WICS
8:00 - What Would You Do?
9:00 - 20/20
10:00 - NewsChannel 20 at 10